If you are putting your property up for sale, then you should consider hiring a professional staging company. Home staging has become popular in Australia and sellers are now seeing the benefits of using this service to get the best offers on their homes. Here is a quick guide to the best home staging tips sellers should focus on.
- Make it Impersonal – Buyers do not respond well to pictures of you and the family in the home. It is difficult to picture themselves in the property if you have pictures of family, friends, and others hanging on the walls and adorning the shelves. If you want to prepare your home for a successful viewing, get rid of anything that connects you to the property. It is time to de-personalise the space and remove family photos, toothbrushes, etc.
- De-clutter – Experts in home styling in Perth recommend getting rid of clutter to open up spaces and make your home more welcoming. There is a lot to gain from removing clutter as it adds a lot to the look of a property. When you are getting ready to sell, box up everything you don’t need to make the property more appealing.
- Small Touches – If you notice any paint peeling off the walls or any other areas that need small repairs, fix them before anyone comes to view your property. Little fixes can make a big difference in the appearance of a home.
- Cleaning – Just before you open your property up to the market, it needs a deep clean. When you move into a new property you give it a deep clean, this should be done prior to viewing. Cleaning goes hand in hand with staging as you are trying to make a great first impression.
- Neutral Shade – To ensure your property appeals to a wide audience, it must be in mostly neutral colours. If your home is painted in bright colours or a distinctive design, you may need to go that extra mile and paint over it. It is best to use neutral colours such as white, grey, or another standard shade.
You don’t have to make major changes to your property when staging. It all depends on the current environment and how much needs to be modified to make it more appealing to buyers. A well-staged home can make a huge difference to the price of the property and the speed at which it is sold.
The first step in home staging with feng shui is to declutter your space. When you are decluttering, it’s important to focus on what you need and not what you want.